February 23, 2014

Like a room without a roof

Today it was finally sunny again. The weather felt so warm that you could go out without gloves and it was nice to just be outside without freezing my ass off (excuse me for the language). When the weather is getting warmer and sunnier, I always feel my mood getting better. All those long gray months can really stress you out. Unlike most people, I really like winter - the snow, the never ending teas, the staying in, getting cozy and watching a movie bundled up in blankets part. But a girl need sunshine, and it's not just me - it's scientifically proven that sunshine makes you produce vitamin D and it's the vitamin of hapyness! So the lack of sunshine really puts all those frowns on our faces during winter. And another thing that I miss during the winter so much is being in the woods. When  it's warm, I spend a lot of time in nature. wether going camping, fishing, mushroom picking, hiking with my dad, or canoeing, horse riding or chilling near some lakes with my friends, I always find myself in the freshness of nature's air. But when it's winter, I don't really get out of the city too much and it starts to drive me more and more crazy when the winter goes on.

So today my mood is really up. But I also learned to handle my problems and my mood not being so dependent on the sunshine. So here's my personal tips on how to stay focused and happy happier while still waiting for spring to come:

1. Go to bed and wake up earlier. I know that everyone's sleep is really different - some people need a lot of sleep, some are fine with just a few hours, but for me (when sleeping the same amount of time) getting to bed earlier means that I'll wake up more motivated and fresh.

2. Go to bed tired. The first tip will not work if you go to bed when you're not sleepy at all and just waste time rolling around and getting irritated of not getting to sleep. My days are hard so I always feel tired even about 4 hours before bed. But if you have a sitting job and use your car getting to places, you should do a little exercise or jog a little about an hour before bed. It will make you fall asleep faster and your sleep will be sounder.
If you don't have an idea what moves you should do during an exercise, you can check out my pinterest "no more excuses" board to find some that suits you.

3. Yoga. Do some easy yoga right after waking up. It makes your blood flow a bit faster and awakens you. It also burns fat and stretches your muscles - which feels really nice in the morning.

4. Eat healthy (or at least healthier). I used to make myself feel better or energized by eating a lot of sweats. Now I seek comfort in fruits and vegetables, even though I didn't give up on eating sweats (but I use them less).

5. Think positive. You'd be surprised how your thoughts affect you. Stop thinking "I can't" and start saying "I can!". It sounds cheesy, but a different attitude makes problems disappear and there are only challenges to step over. And the feeling when you overcome yourself is one of the best feelings ever.

I hope these tips will come in handy to you, 'cause they surely work for me!
Love, Kamile

3 comments:

  1. Labai smagu vėl rasti tavo įrašų! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty kitty :) And great tips - they always work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all way too positive for me to handle ahah x) I need at least 8 hours of sleep... But I keep on watching movies until 4am. And after that sometimes I can't fall asleep. I guess if I woke earlier I would go to bed earlier too.
    Eating healthy might also be an issue... I can't resist bacon, kebabs or sweets :/ I'm a lost cause! xx

    ReplyDelete